Meghan McCain followed up her busy past few weeks with an appearance on Larry King Live last night, covering everything from her tattoo to the Laura Ingraham dispute. It’s an interesting interview, I must say. I’m not going to bore you every detail (If you want the full transcript, AOL has it here.) but here are some of the things I consider the highlights:
- She said that anyone who doubts that Obama isn’t taking the economy seriously is ridiculous; however, she fears he is on the verge of over-exposure in the media, which could alienate older supporters.
- She supports Obama, as does her father. Who, in case any of you missed this, is John McCain.
- Says the Republican party is full of differing personalities. Not all want Obama to fail.
- She did an interview with Bobby Jindal’s wife, Supyira. The interview can be found here.
- She considers herself a progressive Republican (A.K.A. RINO. Meh.). She says she’s liberal on social issues; e.g. gay marriage and abortion. She’s pro-life personally, but thinks people should have that option.
- Says she agrees with her father on war and the economy and is a fiscal conservative.
- Somone in an airport told her to “kiss my fat a**” (Got to keep it decent. :), just as she did to Laura Ingraham last week. She says that the fued is over as far as she’s concerned.
- She claimed she didn’t know who Laura Ingraham was before all of this.
- She thinks Supyira Jindal (Wife of Bobby Jindal) is a better role model than Ann Coulter and Laura Ingraham because the Coulter and Ingraham give off the impression women in the Republican party have to fit into “this one box”.
- The interview wrapped up with a personal touch: She has a star tattoo on her foot.
I give Meghan a little credit with the Coulter/Ingraham/McCain throwdown because I really do think she handled it well. However, the girl is a Class A RINO. I am glad to hear, though, that her “progressive” traits are in social issues rather than fiscal and government size. At least we don’t have to worry about her voting for bailout upon bailout if she ever became a senator or representative, though I don’t imagine there is much chance of that.
What do you think of the interview? Were you surprised at the fact that she has a tattoo? And how about that guy in the airport throwing her words back at her? Cool guy. Leave your comments below or send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, look for today’s Poll of the Day regarding the interview!
Thanks for reading!