I will be recapping tonight’s episode, but it will come about an hour or so later than usual. Until then, enjoy the following fun facts about tomorrow’s finale, as well as the poll that will be up after the performances.
Tonight is the final performance night for Season 8 of American Idol, and surprisingly I haven’t lost interest. I haven’t watched a finale performance show because I wanted to since Season 4 or 5, so this is a pleasant change. Though I’ve said numerous times that Adam’s music isn’t my kind of thing, he generally gives great performances (“One” from last week is the exception. Every time I watch it back it gets worse.) and he’s a great entertainer. Kris is much more my style of music, and if he gives 3 solid performances and isn’t thrown under the bus, he might have a chance. We’ll have to see for sure after tonight’s show. Anyway on to the point of this post, here are the confirmed spoilers and rumored appearances on Idol’s two-part finale:
Tuesday, 8/7 c.:
- Carrie Underwood will be singing the farewell song, “Home Sweet Home” live at the end of the show. I’m sure this will be great, as she is always wonderful live. Speaking of Ms. Underwood, here is an article I wrote about her a few days ago: TCJ Seal of Approval: Carrie Underwood!
Wednesday, 8/7 c.:
- Lionel Ritchie will be dueting with Danny Gokey.
- Cyndi Lauper will be dueting with Allison Iraheta (Woo!).
- Adam Lambert will be dueting with KISS.
- Kris Allen will be dueting with Keith Urban.
- Adam Lambert is set to reprise “Mad World” for his repeat song, but with a twist of some sort.
- Kris Allen is rumored to be doing either “Falling Slowly” or “Heartless” for his repeat song.
- The Top 13 will sing “So What” by P!nk as a group, as well as “Smooth” by Santana with Santana.
- David Cook will be singing “Permanent” (Best song on his album) as a tribute to his brother who recently passed away. It will be sold as a charity single on iTunes.
What do you think of this finale set? What duet do you think is the best matching? Leave your comments below or send an e-mail to email@example.com. Don’t forget to bookmark The Conservative Journal and sign up for the RSS Feed and the daily e-mail newsletter.
Thanks for reading!