- 526- A huge earthquake kills around 300,000 in Syria and Antiochia.
- 1609- Shakespeare’s sonnets are originally published.
- 1896- The six ton chandelier of the Palais Garnier falls and crushes a human.
- 1902- Cuba gains independence from the U.S.
- 1980- Quebec fails to gain independence from Canada.
- 1990- Romania holds it’s first election after the fall of communism in the nation.
- 1995- Quebec fails to gain independence from Canada. Again.
- English singer Joe Coker, 65.
- My personal favorite ultra-liberal and Hollywood communist Cher, 63.
- Wife of the maverick Cindy McCain, 55.
- Son of da bomb dot com Prez Ronald Reagan, Ronald Reagan Jr., 51.
Thanks for reading!