Sorry I coulnd’t post last night, I was quite busy. But I am pleased this morning to say congratulations Kris, I look forward to hearing his music post-idol. He’s come a long way from being unknown in the Top 36. I wish him the best of luck. Also worth noting, Adam couldn’t have been a more gracious loser last night. I’m sure he’d probably thought he was going to win deep down (I sure did!), but I think he was truly happy for Kris win the results were announced. I’m sure he’ll also have success, and I wish him the best of luck as well.
Highlights of the Finale for me in the order I remembered them, if that tells you anything:
- Allison and Cyndi Lauper duet. Cyndi wasn’t at her finest, but they sounded great together!
- Kris Allen and Keith Urban duet. Kris outdid Keith on this one. I could see him doing country/pop.
- David Cook singing “Permanent” for charity. I thought was a great vocal. I love the song as well.
- Megan Joy/Steve Martin singing and banjo-ing to his song. I know Michael was a part of that as well, but this is the highlight section!
- Kara DioGuardi killing Bikini Girl. And the whole bathing suit. One of my favorite moments ever.
- Adam/Kris singing “We Are the Champions” with Queen.
- Adam singing with KISS. Adam’s voice sounds excellently in this kind of setting. It’s the songs like “One” that a perpetual screech does not work.
- The one note Fergie hit properly during “Boom Boom Pow” that was incredible.
- The Golden Idols. I know, I know, they are incredibly corny. But I also think they are incredibly entertaining.
- Lil Rounds and Queen Latifah. This was just a whole lotta “okay”. Quite monetenous after a while.
- The Santana medley thing. Santana was great on guitar, but I didn’t like these performances.
- “I’m Yours” with all the Idols and Jason Mraz. I couldn’t be more sick of this song. Plus I thought it was a Megan Joy/Anoop duet. NEED MEGAN.
- Rod Stewart.
- Danny Gokey and Lionel Ritchie dueting. Too “meh”, too old.
- The other notes Fergie hit during “Boom Boom Pow”/”Big Girls Don’t Cry”.
- Michael Sarver’s part in the “Pretty Flowers” trio.
What did you think of last night’s finale? Leave your comments below or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t forget to bookmark The Conservative Journal and sign up for the RSS Feed and the daily e-mail newsletter.
Thanks for reading!