Hopefully, Gokey packs his bags tonight.
Overall, last night was a great night for American Idol. Like last week, they weakest link was quite clear after all of the performances: Danny Gokey. He proved tonight that he is not at all a versitile artist (I cringe at that word thanks to Kara “artistry” DioGuardi, but it was necessary.). And though his voice is probably stronger than Kris’s voice, Kris brings originality and relevancy that Danny does not and cannot bring. As I’ve said before, when it all comes down to it, Kris is the most relevant vocalist in the competition. The other 3 are more powerful than he is vocally, but Kris’s kind of music is very popular right now. As for who’s going home, it’s truly a toss-up. The only certainty, though, is that Adam isn’t going anywhere this week. His fans surely voted in huge numbers this week after last week’s bottom two scare, plus he earned a spot in the Top 3 with his great performances last night. Danny definitely deserves to go, but he has a very large fan base for some reason, and the judges avoided any real harsh criticism last night, though deserved it, and instead chose to give him an “A for effort”. If it comes down to Allison and Kris, then I believe Kris will be hitting the road. Allison may have received mediocre reviews for her solo performance, but she got to close out the show with Adam and the duet was extremely well received by the judges, and surely America, while Kris received mediocre reviews for everything he did. However, this surely resulted in his solid fans voting even harder for him. If I had to make a prediction on who would go, I’d say Danny, though I have horrible feeling about Kris’s fate.
Hopefully, America made the right choice and we can finally put the “GO” in Gokey!
Who do you think will go home tonight? Leave your comments below or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t forget to subscribe to the RSS Feed and the daily e-mail newsletter.
Thanks for reading!
American Idol was the subject of our first "No Politics Tuesday"!
This week saw many additions to The Conservative Journal, including:
- The “No Politics Tuesday” feature was added this week. Each Tuesday we take a break from the politics and the economy and just focus on entertainment. This week, we kicked off “No Politics Tuesday” a day late with an American Idol recap.
- This was The Conservative Journal’s busiest week this ever, with over 10,800 pageviews. Thanks to everyone who made this possible!
Top 10 Posts and Pages of the Week
Be sure to check these out, everyone else seemed to like them!
- Possible Candidates for 2012
- The Chosen One Will Triumph in 2012 Again
- Mail Bag: A Vast Array of Textual Remarks
- More From the World of Meghan
- American Idol Top 10 Results Show
- Barack Obama Reads This Blog
- Charlie Rangel Can’t Read His Own Writing
- American Idol Top 10- Recap
- Top Sites
- Mail Bag: Ron on National Debt
Posts from the Week
These posts were posted during the last week. If you missed them the first time, be sure and check them out by clicking the article below.
Poll of the Day Results
March 21st- Who Do You Think Changed the Wikipedia Page?
- We presented the evidence, and you voted to find the culprit. In the end, the person you all thought is the conspirator of WikiGate was clear. And that person is………. Joy Behar! Joy was my pick also, as the evidence against her was compelling. Here are the details: Joy Behar had 35% of the vote, Michael Moore had 19% of the vote, Nancy Pelosi had 17% of the vote, Barney Frank had 15% of the vote, and Al Gore had 14% of the vote.
March 22nd- What Do You Think of the 2012 Poll Results?
- In a vote that remained close all week, readers of The Conservative Journal sided with the poll that predicted Barack Obama would beat Sarah Palin if they faced off in 2012. 42% of our readers think that the results were accurate, while 39% think Sarah Palin could take Barack down. The remaining 19% don’t know.
March 23rd- What Do You Think of Charlie Rangel?
- Looks like I’m in good company around here as a Charlie Rangel hater, as 81% of readers of the site voted that Charlie Rangel has got to go. A mere 5% voted everyone should just back off, and the remaining 14% don’t care enough to form an opinion.
March 24th- What Do You Think of Meghan McCain’s Interview?
- Looks like there isn’t much Meghan love here at The Conservative Journal, as 38% of our readers don’t care enough about her to read the recap of her Larry King interview, or to watch it back online. 34% of our readers thought it was horrible and boring, while the remaining 28% loved the interivew.
March 25th- Who Was Your Favorite on American Idol?
- For our inaugural “No Politics Tuesday” day, we asked who our readers thought was the best on American Idol. Our readers chose Adam Lambert as the best with 20% of the vote. The remaining contestants stacked up like this: Allison Iraheta received 16%, Danny Gokey received 12%, Lil Rounds received 9%, Kris Allen received 8%, Anoop Desai received 7%, Megan Joy received 5%, Matt Giraud received 4%, Scott MacIntyre recieved 3%, and Michael Sarver recieved 1%. The remaining 14% of readers don’t watch. It’s also worth noting that our readers not only predicted the bottom 3 accurately, but predicted who was going home as well.
March 26th- Did Watch Obama’s Press Conference?
- 53% of Conservative Journal readers watched the press conference, but fell asleep at some point through the itnerview, 24% of readers didn’t watch because they’d rather have been watching The Wheel of Fortune, 18% couldn’t work it into their schedule, and a mere 6% watched it and enjoyed it.
March 27th- No Poll