- 1774- The first Continental Congress convenes.
- 1830- President Andrew Jackson signs The Indian Removal Act which relocates Native Americans.
- 1859- Big Ben is delivered to the Palace of Westminster on a 16-horse carriage.
- 1930- The Chrylser Building, one the tallest building in the world, opens in New York.
- 1934- The first set of quintuplets that survive through infancy are born. Somewhere, Octomom is smirking. Look for more on the original quintuplets in today’s “Pointless Post of the Day”.
- 1937- The Golden Gate Bridge officially opens to vehicle traffic.
- 1952- Women in Greece are given the right to vote.
- 1964- The PLO is formed.
- 1996- Bill Clinton’s are convicted of fraud in the Whitewater land deal.
- 2002- The Mars Odyssey finds evidence of space ice.
The Conservative Journal wishes a happy birthday to..
- The two surviving “original quintuplets” Cecile and Annette Dionne, 75.
- “The Empress of Soul” Gladys Knight, 65.
- My favorite mayor of New York Rudy Giuliani, 65.
- The only non-vomit-inducing member of “The View” Elisabeth Hasselbeck (Did you know her maiden name is “Filarski”? How awesome is that!), 32.
- American pop singer Colbie Caillat, 24.
Happy Flag Day to those in the Philippines!
Thanks for participating!