**Sorry the ‘Week In Review’ post is a day late, I couldn’t do it yesterday.
I just wanted to thank all of you that have been viewing The Conservative Journal; this past week was by far our best one yet! The site received over 19,000 page views this week, which led our rank on the site ranking service skyrocket. Here’s the breakdown:
34% of those polled said they were going to spend time with family; 29% said they’d be attending Easter Services at church; 17% said they would be hunting easter eggs; 14% said they would be traveling; and the remaining 7% wrote in their easter plans, which included going to the beach, shopping, and visiting relatives. In this poll, voters could pick more than one answer.
46% of voters in this poll thought that Barack did bow to King Abdullah and meant something by it; 35% agreed with me and said that while he did bow, it was more than likely because he didn’t know better; 15% say he clearly did not bow; and the remaining 4% couldn’t tell.
For fourth week in a row, Adam Lambert won our ‘American Idol’ poll with 29% if the vote, up 1 percentage point from last week. The rest of the Idols stack up like this: Allison Iraheta received 17%, Kris Allen Received 15%, Anoop Desai received 14%, Danny Gokey received 8%, Matt Giraud received 5%, and Lil Rounds received 3%. The remaining 11% don’t watch. The voters predicted the bottom two again this week, but failed to predict the bottom vote getter, though the judges saved him anyway.
45% of voters said that they do not think there is anyway to prevent these pirate attacks from occurring; 41% said they thought something could be done to curb the attacks; and the remaining 14% don’t know.
The Conservative Journal is on track to hava another record week this week. Final page view numbers aren’t in for today, but our daily page view average for the week is at the its highest point yet. Thanks for visiting The Conservative Journal and making this blog a success!
Top 10 Posts and Pages of the Week
Everyone seemed to like these posts, if you missed them be sure to check them out now!
54% of those that voted felt that Levi lied throughout the interview to extend his time in the spotlight, 29% don’t care enought about Levi to even read the recap/watch the clips, and the remaining 17% actually thought it was a good interview. Maybe they were confused about which interview I was talking about?
After Barack’s mess up during a town hall last week, it was quite clear that he was relying to heavily on his teleprompter. 72% of those that voted agreed with me in saying that it’s ok to use a teleprompter, as long as you actually know what your saying. 17% think that he should never use a teleprompter, which is unrealistic in my eyes, and the remainging 11% said that we should leave him alone.
For the 3rd week in a row, Adam Lambert leads the favorite idol poll with 28% of those that voted chosing him as their favorite; up 11 percentage points from last week. The rest of the Idols stacked up like this: Allison Iraheta received 14%, Danny Gokey recevied 12%, Kris Allen received 10%, Matt Giraud recevied 9%, Anoop Desai received 5%, Lil Rounds received 3%, and Scott MacIntyre received 2%. Of the remaining 17%, 7% said they miss meghan, and 10% said they don’t watch. **Fun Fact** The voters in this poll “predicted” not only the bottom 3, but also that Scott would be eliminated.
With all of the outrage over the Obama chia pet, I had to see what everyone thought. 74% agreed with me that there is nothing wrong with and everyone needs to calm down. 14% think it’s racist and horrible, 9% don’t know what a chia pet is, and 3% don’t know who Barack Obama is. I feel confident they were kidding.
Everyone just can't get enought Meghan! She was a hot topic this week at The Conservative Journal.
The Conservative finally reached the Top 10 of Political Top Sites, which is different from other blog ranking sites because it ranks by averge daily unique visitors. This was one of my early goals, and I just wanted to thank all of you that read this blog for making that possible!
Top 10 Posts and Pages of the Week
Everyone seemed to like these posts, be sure to check them out if you missed them!
82% of votes said they are like me and have ZERO problem with the First Lady showing a little arm, while the remaining 18% want to slap some slap sleeves some leaves on her. Come on people, it’s the 21st Century!
In one of the closest polls in Conservative Journal history, 52% of voters disagree with me and think the Kids Choice Awards preaching of going green was great. The remaining 48% think like me, that global warming is simply too controversial to be the central theme of a kids award show. I compare to making evolution the theme of a kids award show.
Naturally, 88% of voters said the hypocrisy the KCS’s showed at their after party was horrible. 12% of voters, however, think it’s fine to talk about saving the planet like it’s the biggest deal in the world, and then haul thousands and thousands of paper plates, plastic cups, etc. to the dump.
For the second consecutive week, voters chose Adam Lambert as their favorite with 17%, Kris Allen was in second with 15% of the vote, Danny Gokey and Allison Iraheta tied with 13% (Danny had more actual votes though), Lil Rounds had 12% of the vote, Scott MacIntyre had 10% of the vote, Anoop Desai received 8% of the vote, Megan Joy received 6%, and Matt Giraud came in lats with 4% of the vote. The remaining percentage said they don’t watch. Unfortunately, we wrong and Megan Joy ended up leaving American Idol. She will be missed.
41% of voters said they are also boycotting Sean Penn, 35% understand why Bill is doing it, but aren’t boycotting Sean, 18% think it’s stupid, and the remaining 6% don’t know/don’t care. I think I fall into the “good for Bill” cateogory. I don’t watch Sean Penn movies, but just because their topics don’t interest me.
And we entered the top 10 on two blog ranking websites, top 11 on one, and the top 20 on two others. The differences in position are based on how the sites are ranked, and each site can be found under the subscription area. Thanks to all the readers that made this possible!
For those of you that missed the poll predicting Sarah Palin’s 2012 presidential prospects, you can read the article here. For those that have seen it, here’s the poll of the day: What do you think of the poll? The results showed Barack Obama topping Sarah Palin by about 20% points, do you think this will be the case in 2012? Vote in today’s poll to see what our readers think of this poll!
Or at least, that’s what the latest poll says. How those things can predict 4 years in the future is beyond me. But anyway, the poll shows that Barack Obama would trounce Sarah Palin in 2012 with 55% of the popular vote compared to Palin’s 35%, results that compare to Nixon’s 1972 blowout against George McGovern. I guess the remaining 10% go to a third party candidate; could 2012 be the start of a 3 party system?? Seriously though, if I thought there was any accuracy in these numbers I’d be very concerned considering Palin is a very popular figure among Republicans. Plus, the notion that a moderate dude like John McCain could pull in so many more votes than a true conservative is rather alarming. However, rest easy fellow conservatives and those not aboard the Obama Train; I don’t think 2012 will look anything like this.
First of all, that’s a long way off. Golden Boy has just started his reign and many people are still being fed the Kool-Aid through a funnel. Though I can’t predict the future, the way things are going I don’t see his first term ending on a high note. I could be wrong, but we’re predicting the future here; there’s room for error. Anyway, say that his term doesn’t go well, naturally Palin would have a much better shot. However, if the term is a flop, I believe we will see a completely different crop of candidates come primary time. This will make it harder for everyone, and she could end up without the nomination. Someone like Romney could easily step in and take the spot; he did win in the CPAC poll. This won’t necessarily end her presidential prospects, though. She’s young and could easily try again in the future.
But then there’s the other scenario: The term is a success. If his first term goes well and most of his promises are fulfilled, he will be re-elected with no problem. In this case, I think that we will see several little-known conservatives make their debut on the national scene. In the event Obama does well, 2012 could be a big year for, say, Ron Paul to go for the nomination. Do I think he has any chance of winning? Negative. Do I think he has any chance of securing the nomination in 2012? If Obama does well, absolutely. Of course this is all dependent on whether or not he chooses to seriously go for it. I know the prospect of Ron Paul being the nominee in 2012 may sound a bit out there to some, but I’m being serious. No serious candidate is going to contest Barack Obama after a successful first term. That would be a waste of his or her resources.
So what do you think about the poll? Will it’s results prove to be accurate in 2012? Leave your comments below or send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org! Also, you can vote in today’s “Poll of the Day” on this matter by clicking here.